BROOK’S Co., Ltd. (henceforth “BROOK’S”, “we” or “us”) recognizes the importance of user’s personal information and strictly protects and manages them.
Handling of Personal Information
Article 1 Acquisition of Personal Information
BROOK’S explicitly indicates its purpose of use of personal information and once obtained the consent of the user, acquires the information legally and impartially. In the case it is necessary to handle personal data for a scope from the described purpose, we will contact (notify) the user to obtain its consent.
Article 2 Purpose of Use
BROOK’S will use users’ personal information for the following purposes.
1) Delivery of goods, gifts, samples etc.
2) Contact or confirm about orders, payments, other services.
3) Contact the user about products, services, campaigns, events etc.
4) Contact the user concerning questionnaires, monitorings, etc.
5) Provide services the user applied for.
6) Respond to inquiries.
7) Identify the user, a family, or an introduced person, etc.
8) Improve and develop a product or service.
9) As stated at the time of acquiring personal information.
10) Implement countermeasures based on the decree of laws and ordinances/ guidance etc. of administrative authorities.
Article 3 About Third Party Provision
BROOK’S uses the personal information only within the scope of the consent of users, and we will not provide it to third parties.
However, we may disclose it in any of the following cases.
1) When there is a request from public institutions such as the court and the police, or when there is a special regulation in the law.
2) To identify a person who may disadvantage or interfere in BROOK’S business, or to contact said person.
3) When BROOK’s judges it is necessary to protect one’s/ a life, body or property, and we are unable to obtain users consent.
4) When providing necessary information to BROOK’S subcontractors in order to fulfill customer’s request.
5) When disclosing or providing statistical data (that is not able to identified users).
Article 4 Guidelines on Outsourcings
BROOK’S may entrust the handling of personal information to a third party to achieve its purpose of use. We will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision to third parties through contracts.
Article 5 Shared Use
BROOK’S may jointly use personal information with our affiliated company to achieve the purpose of use. In this case, we will take a full responsibility for handling of personal information.
Affiliated company: Infini Co., Ltd., Koki Co., Ltd., KOSYUEN Co., Ltd., BROOK’S Holdings Co., Ltd.
Article 6 Disclosure and Deletion of Personal Information
If there is a request for disclosure or deletion of personal information from the user, we will deal promptly to identify him/herself. Please contact our customer service for details.
Article 7 Customer’s Choice
The provision of personal information to BROOK’S is made by user’s will. In the case the user does not provide its personal information, he/she will not be able to receive various services provided by BROOK’S or it may occur a malfunction of the system or we could fail in delivering information to the user. Furthermore, user may change the contact information or choose to receive or not the newsletter at any time with the method specified by BROOK’S.
Article 8 Management of Personal Information
1. BROOK’S takes necessary and appropriate security control measures to protect entrusted personal information from unauthorized access, leakage, modification, loss, destruction, etc.
2. Establish the retention period of personal information according to the purpose of use and the discard of them with an appropriate method when it is achieved the purpose of use.
Article 9 Collection of Personal Information by Internet-Specific Technology
In addition to being used for statistical analysis as anonymous information, cookies and web beacons may be associated with information that identifies customers in order to provide more customized services for membership-based services.
In the future, there is also a possibility of using other Internet-specific technologies.